Pete has lived abroad and in several states before moving with his wife Haruyo to Santa Cruz in late 1976. “Employment opportunities first brought us to this area. The friendly attitude of the residents and the beauty of Santa Cruz County have kept us here. We could have lived anywhere but made a deliberate decision to make Santa Cruz our home.” He has vast experience as a Commercial Banker, Mortgage Banker and Real Estate Loan Broker. He has worked for County Bank & Trust, Commercial Pacific Bank and Shoreline Lending.
Pete has been licensed with the Department of Real Estate since 1986. He has owned investment properties both residential and multi residential throughout Santa Cruz County, Pine Mountain Lake and Utah.
Pete is a graduate of Saratoga High School and Brigham Young University.
Some of his current and past community activities include:
- Kiwanis Lt. Governor for California-Nevada-Hawaii District.
- Capitola Junior Life Guards Parents Club President and Board Member
- Capitola-Soquel Little League Team Manager, Board Member and Treasurer
- Easter Seals Society, Board Member
- Boy Scouts of America Monterey Bay Area Council Executive Board
- Santa Cruz Chapter of Successful Thinkers Network Lead Ambassador
Married to Haruyo Pearson. Father of Jeff Pearson, Steve Pearson, Mike Pearson and Tracy Pearson all who attended local schools. Grandfather of 5 grandsons and 3 granddaughters.
Pete is excited to part of Bailey Properties. “I’ve know Robert and Paul for 4 decades. I know them to be straightforward in their business dealings and it is an honor to be a part of Team Bailey.”
In his spare time you can often find Pete driving his '67 VW or walking his black Labrador Retriever on the beach and the trails around Chaminade.